12.03.2007

merci

I’ve read that you cannot have room for anything else in your life until you are grateful for what you have. This makes sense to me. By sitting around lamenting what I don’t have, what is wrong with what I do have, and what is far too difficult for me to achieve, I will reinforce those feelings. They’ll become even more true than I currently think them to be. I think the same goes for positive thought.
So without further adieu, here is my current list of gratitude:

  • My family who always take me in and give me love and support
  • My girlfriends, the family I chose for myself, who shower me with love and support and who are always willing to circle the wagons when I cry SOS
  • My job which allows me to be flexible with my schedule, pay a mortgage and has introduced me to a whole new crop of talented women and new friends
  • My Dinger Dog who is the cutest, cuddliest, smartest and most annoyingly conniving pug on the planet
  • My new circle of blog friends and community where I can ask for support
  • My health which keeps me going and I take for granted in far too many ways
  • My husband who has taught me many things
  • Peppermint bark
  • Cell phones
  • The Internet
  • Wine

2 comments:

Lisa May Simpson said...

See, this is (one of the bazillions of reasons) why I love you. It's like there's a flame inside you that just won't go out, even when it has reason to. You've got an Olympic torch of optimism in you, girl. It's such an amazing gift - not just for you, but for those of us lucky enough to have huddled around it on a dark and stormy night.

Chubby Chick said...

What a great list! "Peppermint bark" made me laugh. lol