- Ate very well all week
- Worked out a compromise with my brain to not feel guilty about eating certain foods (see post below)
- Enjoyed a rich and luxurious birthday dinner with Katie and friends sans guilt.
- At said dinner - the dessert was not that great. A chocolate and peanut butter tart that should have been heaven, but was too airy, light on the peanut butter and not sweet enough. So, my NSV of the week - I stopped eating it. I made a very good dent, trying to savor the flavor, but then I realized - why eat what isn't that great?
- Attended Mr. Black's holiday party - held at a certain rock and roll museum in Seattle. We all wore jeans, and as I was going up the stairs, Katie gave me my favorite compliment of the month! She said "You look fantastic." I said "Oh, have you gotten a pair of the Lane Bryant Right fit jeans yet? They are amazing!" When she said no, I encouraged her to try some on, because they really are fabulous. She said "Sara, it's not the jeans." That girl is beautiful and generous, I tell you!
The not so hot:
- Alcoholic co-worker was let go this week. They tried numerous times to encourage her to get help, to no avail. I was sad for her and her children, and I hope this is the impetus she needs to get help. So, I've been flying solo (we share a position) and spent 3 hours working overtime this week. I missed two work outs with Katie! Horrible! I owe her.
- All this working is getting in the way of my blog surfing and commenting - so I'm going to work on that as well!
Amazingly, I am down 1.2 pounds to 230.8 this week. I don't know how, since I missed two work outs, and ate a rich dinner, but I am running with it.