So here we are on January 1st. What will be our goals? I cringe when I think of New Year Resolutions. Normally, these are little words to fail by. But, setting goals is a good idea. My weight loss has been slow. 16 months to lose 55 pounds is healthy and safe, blah, blah, blah. I want more action! I think the reason that it has been so slow is that I'm really not willing to work out more than 4 days a week, and reduce my calories below 1800. So, I think these will be things that need to change, if I want to speed up the process. Man oh man I'm going to need support - someone to say "Put the bagel down!" when I'm faltering. Lucky for us, Diana the Scale Junkie has established the Healthy You challenge for 2008. I am so excited about it. I am envisioning recipe swaps, fitness tips and general commiserating and cheering each other on. I am also compelled by looking good for others - in that I want to impress people with my progress. Approval seeker? Yes, that's me. So I think that this will be a big motivator. Also, my role model, Mel, has established an exercise streak challenge for 2008 -can I exercise every day? Oooh, the suspense!
Without further adieu, grand goals for 2008 to a healthier me.
- Faithfully log meals into FitDay
- Reduce calories to 1600 for January-March
- Reduce calories to 1500 for April - June
- Reduce calories to 1400 for July - December
- Exercise 7 days a week - 4 at the gym, walking on the other 3
- Lose 75 pounds this year!
- Lose 15 pounds by my birthday, March 31st.
Other goals, that are essential to my health, but not weight related:
- Manage the mail/filing clutter in my home. I file in my job, so I am not too eager to take care of it at home. And it is maddening
- Enroll in the SPHR course at UW
- Take an acting class? I've been off the stage for so long, I fear I'm a rusty old lady. A class will revive some confidence - this is tentative. Exercise and losing weight feels like a second job right now, and I just don't know how much time I'm willing to give up for acting even though it is emotionally rewarding for my soul.
- Enlist my husband to find an activity we can do together that doesn't only involve watching something.
- Give more compliments, give more to my community, be frank and honest on this blog.
Whew. That's a lot. I need to establish links to the healthy you community, and I will do so soon. But today is New Year's day and I have some urgent cuddling to do with husband and The Ding, and then movie watching. I wish everyone a 2008 filled with love, new friends, and stronger bodies.