7.13.2010

HYC Check In - Disenchanted

I am suffering from a case of the doldrums. Losing that job was way more devastating to me than it should have been. I'm feeling a little lost, disenchanted with the way things are. And as my Mom always says, you can feel sorry for yourself for a day, then you have to make a list of what needs to be done, and then do it. In health news, I had a good week exercise-wise and food-wise, with 2 planned indulgences at social outings. Not too bad! Still no movement on the scale, of course.

So here's my plan of attack list for feeling better remedies.
  • Plan a 1,400 calorie meal plan - more on that later
  • Take a week's vacation even though Mr. Black can't go anywhere - spend it cooking, reading, visiting, enjoying the weather, cleaning up the cluttered areas in my house, and exercising.
  • Spend time with my family and friends, and my fun little dog
  • Send out some loves. It sounds cheesy, but when I am feeling blue, I find the best thing to do is to send out some gifts or notes to the people in my life that I love.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

3 comments:

Chibi said...

I'm sorry to hear the job is affecting you. :(

I love the idea of sending notes/gifts when you're in a funk - I may have to borrow it!

Hope tomorrow's brighter for you. :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You learned a lot from that interview, mainly that people *noticed* you and were impressed by you. It was just *this* job that didn't work out the way you hoped; it doesn't mean the next time (or the time after that) won't work out better!

I agree, sending out goodness just feels good!

Hanlie said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down, but I love how you're dealing with it. And bravo for acknowledging your feelings, instead of ignoring them!

Hope your optimism returns soon!