4.16.2008

suck it up!

Okay blogland - quick question for you

Do you suck it in at the gym?

I grew up as an overweight kid/teen/adult so my whole life I have learned to hold my tummy in whether I am getting dressed, walking around, flossing, making copies, you name it, I am always sucking it in. And then I caught myself doing it at the gym. The place where I walk around with sweaty red face, frizzy hair, sports bra induced uni-boob, and baggy gym clothes, but I am holding in my gut? Once I noticed it, I didn't stop, because I can't! And so I checked with my work out buddy, she does too.

So tell me, do you?

8 comments:

Hanlie said...

Because of Pilates I do it all the time now... I call it engaging my tummy and it's good for your tummy muscles!

Teale said...

When I've been doing "core" exercises, my body tends to tighten my tummy naturally... but it's been weeks since I've done any of those. LOL So no sucking in my tummy lately!

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember a time when my Mom told me to suck my tummy in, that the way I walked around with it hanging out was what kids do, and now that I was growing up that I needed, NEEDED to suck it in. I suck in quite often, and when I catch myself letting it hang out, I quickly suck it back in. What's funny is that when I see skinny girls letting it hang out I think it looks kinda sexy but I can't possibly imagine that my belly looks sexy hanging out. Soon though!

P.S. I bet you're much sexier with a red face and hair going everywhere than you think!

Lynn said...

Pffft. I don't think I'm even CAPABLE of sucking in. I can't seem to do it when I'm working out, either, even when we're supposed to. I dunno, maybe I just don't have any muscles there.

Diana Swallow said...

I've notice that when I work my core muscles my tummy wants to suck in naturally. I'm sure if I were at a gym I'd pass out from not breathing while trying to suck it all in.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I do during the actual exercises, but in between when I'm gasping for air, not so much. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Good words.