4.22.2008

HYC Check In Week 16

Good morning all - this Tuesday the scale saw 224.8. I am pleased to show a loss this week, after indulging, but I'm having a hard time, as I was a pound less than that a week ago, and I feel like I am working so hard. However, I did eat my weight in beef on Sunday, but I don't think I can show the effects of that so soon. I know the scale is only one way to measure, so I think I'll stop my pity party and beating myself up.


Last night I really struggled with staying out of the kitchen. I have been journaling seriously for a couple of days now, (good girl!) and I think I found myself feeling deprived. I know myself that when I write it down, it makes such a difference in how closely I watch what I eat. And why does hummus have so many calories? Arrgh! I'm determined to stick with my 1500 calorie plan, for one more week, and see if I get more of the results I am looking for. In good news, I did all my work outs this week, and even did Mountain Climbers of my own volition. I am a crazy woman.


I have some lovely recipes to share. For my lunch this week, I made Elise's Spinach and Orzo salad, but I substituted bulgur wheat instead of orzo pasta. More fiber, and more nutrition, and I won't get that 3 pm sleepy pasta head. With hummus and baby carrots on the side. I'm experimenting with a new veggie, and I'll post the recipe this week.

Hope everyone else is having a great week!

7 comments:

Slenderella said...

Congrats on the loss. I journal too, I have to while trying to retrain my thinking in what a serving size is. Good for you trying new recipes. The spinach and orzo salad sounds yummy. I will have to check it out.

Have a great week!

Sunny said...

Congratulations on the loss - I know it's tough when you've seen lower numbers - believe me, I've regained and am now still about 7 pounds above my lowest...this pound at time thing is killing me, but it will happen - - keep up the great work!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations on the loss!

I'm with you on hummus, and on the fact that you're crazy for doing Mountain Climbers without a gun to your head. :) Good for you!

Have a great week!

HappyBlogChick said...

Congrats on the loss! Good work. No more pity party/self-beating, now!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss. I just wanted to let you know that I read your post today and say hi.

Heather said...

great job on losing! I think we always associate overeating with a gain but that is not always the case. I know you are working hard and the scale will reward you. its hard to beat the munchies when youve indulged so just give it a few days and those cravings will pass.

Le Butterfly said...

Well done.