3.09.2008

Sunday wrap up and pep talk

Today is Sunday, and I have spent the day walking around doing math. I woke up at a respectable lazy Sunday 10:45, but thanks to that stinking daylight savings time, it was really a slothful 11:45. And then I spend the rest of the day doing math. Oh sure, it's 7:00 now, but it's REALLY only 6:00. Does anyone else do that? And tomorrow morning will come so early. I changed my schedule at work so now I have to be there a half an hour early, forever. I chose the absolute worst week to do so, as I'll walk in at 8:00 thinking "It's REALLY 7:00!" I've gotten my clothes picked out, my lunches and breakfasts packed, and determination to get there on time! P.S. I am not a morning person.

I'm trying to get psyched up for losing my 7-9 pounds to reach 220 by my birthday. When I weighed in on Wednesday after my official Tuesday weigh-in, I was 3 pounds lighter. And lest you worry, I haven't been eating salads sprinkled with laxatives to get there. I think I was just retaining water. I sighed with relief at that number, as 7 pounds in 3 weeks feels like a reasonable goal, one that doesn't involve walking around with hunger pangs and a ball of resentment in my purse. Just hard work will have to do, as is true with most things in life. I have some new motivational goals, which I'll post about later in the week, complete with photos!

Have a good week - even if every day is one hour earlier.

7 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

I am not a morning person, either. I hate how we "lost" an hour this past weekend! lol But come fall... I will be loving that hour that we "gain." lol

I can't wait to read about your goals this week... and see your new pics! Have a great Monday! :)

Lynn said...

I would totally love to get rid of DST. It's such a pain... on the other hand, my daughter's been gearing up for it for a while, and getting up at 7am instead of her normal 8am, so last week I was bleary-eyed and resentful, and now I'm ok, since she's "back" to getting up at 8... which means as long as I go to bed on time, I'm not losing sleep anymore.

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

I totally spend most of the week after daylight savings "doing the math", and I just hate that now, when my alarm goes off at the ungodly hour of 6:30(but now it's actually 5:30) it's freekin' dark outside! Grrr. I too am not a morning person.

Good luck with your goal. I know you can do it. You seem to have the will and the plan. You go girl!

Hanlie said...

Great loss! Hope you have a fabulous week!

Teale said...

oh, I resented losing an hour too... but tonight when I get off work & the sun is still shining, I will be excited.

Heather said...

lol I do that all the time! with the time change that is.

I definitely think you can hit your goal, so just keep up the hard work. you loss is fantastic!

Lady Vea said...

You are just so upbeat! I also ALWAYS do that with the clock - why am I so lazy well it is only yeah.. totally even though my sleep schedule is so horrid my body would believe ANYthing my alarm clock told it - my internal clock is toast.